Any pakset that works with Simutrans-Standard will work with Simutrans-Experimental. However, Simutrans-Experimental has a number of features that can only be used fully when a pakset made specially for Simutrans-Experimental is used. Let’s review the status of some of the paksets that support this new version of Simutrans.
- Type: Simutrans-Experimental version of full pakset.
- Availability: Preliminary testing and evaluation version 0.7.1 available here.
- Source availability: Sources available on Github here under the Artistic Licence.
- Status: Alpha
- Features implemented: Currently: comfort; loading times; catering, travelling post offices, upgrading, way constraints, reversing, tilting trains, overcrowding, industry obsolescence and upgrading, Simutrans-Experimental tuned speedbonus settings, tractive effort and traction types for depots.
- For more information: See the Pak128.Britain-Ex subforum.
- Information last updated: 19th of December 2010
- Type: Simutrans-Experimental compatible addon for a standard pakset (Pak64). Requires Pak64 to run.
- Availability: Download it here (see here for the older version for Simutrans-Experimental 7.0 and earlier).
- Source availability: Sources are available here under the Artistic Licence.
- Status: Beta
- Features implemented: comfort ratings; catering; travelling post offices; overcrowded vehicles; loading times; and tractive effort.
- For more information: See the forum thread
- Information last updated: 19th of December 2009
- Type: Simutrans-Experimental version of full pakset
- Availability: No longer available
- Source availability: Closed-source
- Status: Beta
- Features implemented: comfort ratings; catering; travelling post offices, overcrowded vehicles and tilting trains.
- For more information: See the official website
- Information last updated: 25th of May 2009