The pak96.comic manager, sojo, has updated the Graphics Style Guide with new rules, in order to keep the consistency of the pakset.
- All objects images need an outer black border line. (Eg.: House Walls, Roofs, Trash Cans, Vehicles, Factory Chimneys, etc.)
- Objects have a dark and light side, and it’s not separated by a black line. It’s just the color a little darker. Eg.: A building will have the walls facing south lighter than the walls facing west.
- Use intense colors to create the objects, don’t create a colorful objects, but don’t make it dark. – Bright colors are more desirable. Gray and black should only be used in exceptional cases. Just know where and when it is appropriate.
- Snow is generally white or a very very light gray. – Snow would cover unheated and well-insulated roofs, parked vehicles and any object it can snow. – For lights, fences or something like, snow cover is only 1 pixel high. No black border on snow.
- Doors, windows and gates don’t have black borders. You definitely need to add shades on the walls. – Windows should, if possible, be designed in multiple colors, so they look more realistic. Some of the windows should be lighted.
- Players don’t need vehicles with player color. However, these colors are desirable. Vehicles should have front and rear lighting. In general, however, no interior lights.
- Sidewalk color is # b0b0b0 – City Street color is # 7d7d7d – Highway color is # 9c9c9c
- Building Type: com, ind, res and mon (Monument) have 1×1 tiles in size. – Industries and attractions may be bigger.
- It’s good give some Informations or data about the objects. Eg.: vehicle power, launch year, capacity, etc. This info can be changed by the pak maintainers.
- It’s interesting create a description text for the same building types above. For 96comic try to be more fun. Those texts can be changed by the pak maintainers.
More information at International Simutrans Forum.